X10 is driving me nuts!

I have a strange problem that I'm hoping someone can help with.

After 3 years of (almost!) flawless operation, my X10 setup has
virtually stopped working.

There have been no recent additions to the appliances in the house
however I have ascertained that it is the transformer of a 4 year old
Sony LCD TV in the kitchen that is causing the problems.

I've tried an filter on the TV but with no luck - every time I plug it
in, 80% of the X10 devices stop working.

Apart from "bin the TV" do you guys have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Mike