Re: X10 is driving me nuts!

A couple of things come to mind...

First, I am surprised that a filter didn't help.  I noticed that you are in
the UK, so be sure that is a filter designed to block signals in the X10
frequency band.  You might also try two in series for extra attenuation.

That "transformer" is probably a switching power supply if it causes
problems for X10 communications.  You can read about a particularly nasty
device here:

    http://jvde.us/x10/x10_cellet_noise.htm

Before you trash the TV, you should look for an alternate "transformer" with
similar ratings (same voltage and the same or higher current rating).  If
you can find an older unit that really used a power transformer, you can be
sure that will not interfere with X10 communications.

Years ago the worst problem we had with X10 communication was caused by a
Sony XBR TV.  That was my first introduction to the world of X10 filters.
Too bad manufacturers don't consider the other electrical devices they share
the powerlines with.

FYI, I have a complete X10 troubleshooting series at:

    http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Jeff