Re: LED's for landscape (cont)

The MR16 LED replacements that I reviewed in the other thread are designed
for 12VAC operation.  The two samples appear to have a regulator because the
current does not continue to increase once 12V is reached.  I bench tested
them to verify their power consumption was as stated.  You may also be
surprised how bright they really are.  They appear to be about half as
bright as a 20W halogen MR16.  The best one for my application had 9 surface
mount LEDs, and produced a very wide even pattern on 2.6W:

http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=322

Considering the power savings, the brightness seems adequate.  The real
issues are color temperature and whether their longevity will be sufficient
to provide the expected payback.

I agree that the transformer doesn't use much power.  The 300W transformer
case is barely warm to the touch.

Jeff