LED's for landscape (cont)

Has anyone ever put a watt meter on the primary side of a typical
Malibu lighting transformer to determine how much power is saved by
simply changing the bulbs on the string to LED's?  Just curious if
anyone has some real number comparisons.

I wouldn't think the cost savings would be that great considering the
transformer losses and price of LED bulbs.  And wouldn't Malibu
already have drop-in LED bulbs to retrofit their legacy products if
there really were great payoff?

Also how do LED bulbs hold up to 6 months of winter?

(sorry my post was failing to the original thread so started a new
thread)