Re: Any wireless USB hubs?

On Jan 25, 9:30=A0pm, nob...@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:
> To get that kind of range I think you'll need to go with WiFi. There are U=
SB
> hubs using WiFi but some are expensive.
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.slashgear.com/belkins-wifi-hub-unhooks-your-usb-1648=
02.php
> =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/104/C12237/
>

> RickH <passp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Hello,
>
> >I'm looking for a way to eliminate having a physical USB cable come
> >from my computer and go to my USB hub where I keep my camera, insteon
> >interface, flash stick, and other USB devices plugged in. =A0The only
> >one I can find so far only has a range of 30 feet:
>
> >http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/d_link/dlinks-dub+9240-wireless-usb-hub-an...
>
> >I would like to be able to have my laptop still "see" my insteon
> >interface (USB to Powerline) without having to physically wire up to
> >it, so that I can "walk around" and program my scenes more naturally
> >using my Insteon software in the rooms themselves. =A0(I dont want to
> >carry the insteon interface along with me).
>
> >Thanks
>
> http://davehouston.net=A0http://davehouston.orghttp://tech.groups.yahoo.co=
m/group/roZetta/
> roZetta-subscr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hide quoted text -

Thanks, there are a quite a few 100 footers like this Icron where the
computer-end unit is large.  It appears that all the ones portable for
a laptop only go to 30 feet probably because the transmitter end is
just a small dongle.  I was hoping a small one migh at least get me
across the house, I'd rather not involve 2 computers if I dont have
to.