Re: Any wireless USB hubs?

On Jan 26, 8:34=A0am, "Bill Kearney" <wkearne...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I would like to be able to have my laptop still "see" my insteon
> > interface (USB to Powerline) without having to physically wire up to
> > it, so that I can "walk around" and program my scenes more naturally
> > using my Insteon software in the rooms themselves. =A0(I dont want to
> > carry the insteon interface along with me).
>
> How about using Remote Desktop or VNC form the laptop back to a desktop?
> That'd be a lot less hassle than screwing around with trying to make a
> device like that work over "wireless USB". =A0I shudder to think that the
> driver nightmares...
>
> I use RDP back from my laptop to do things like tune the positioning of my=

> HD antenna in the attic. =A0Works great and a lot less hassle than trying =
> put something in-line up in the attic or using walkie-talkies.
>
> -Bill

Thanks,

If the RF link is just "replacing the wire", then (in theory) there
should be no driver issues as long as the RF hardware is negotiating
the timing properly.  But you never know until you try it, I do use
the insteon interface mostly to just "mass dump" or "mass discover" my
network in programming the switches.