Re: ICON line of Insteon, no more?

On Jan 16, 2:48=A0pm, nob...@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:
> There's a thread on the Smarthome forum about them being discontinued but =
> don't think there was any official announcement or acknowedgement. There's=

> still a listing for a 2876DB on their EBay outlet.
>
> =A0 =A0http://www.techmall.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3D2420
>
> http://stores.ebay.com/Smarthome-Factory-Store_Lighting-X10_W0QQcolZ4...
>

> RickH <passp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >On Jan 16, 1:02=A0pm, nob...@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:
> >> I believe they are discontinued but you might find dealers who still ha=
ve
> >> stock. Google using "Insteon 2876S 2876D".
>
> >> I think the problem was the thin profit margin.

> >>http://davehouston.net=A0http://davehouston.orghttp://tech.groups.yahoo.=
com/group/roZetta/
> >> roZetta-subscr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> >Thanks, thats a relief and seems like the reason. =A0Looking/comparing
> >through the clear cases at the PC boards, the manufactuer seemed to be
> >identical to the full-blown versions. =A0So quality was probably the
> >same but with fewer features and less robust triac/relay. =A0But the
> >savings of a smaller relay and triac probably was not proportional to
> >the $15-$20 cheaper price, cutting their profit.
>
> http://davehouston.net=A0http://davehouston.orghttp://tech.groups.yahoo.co=
m/group/roZetta/
> roZetta-subscr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hide quoted text -

My response from SH is that the ICON line was discontinued due to poor
sales.  My old switches are fully warrented and any that fail will be
replaced with the current non-ICON branded ones.

I did have a relay fuse together on one of them, but that is probably
my own fault because I exceeded the wattage of the ICON relay by about
20 watts and it welded the relay contacts "on" permanently.  They are
replacing it for me, as there was confusion over if the ICON relays
were rated for 300 or 480 watts.  This is the only failure I have had
with about 40 to 50 switches.  The regular switches are rated 480
watts, I dont know why they just dont put 600 watt relays in all of
them.