Re: ICON line of Insteon, no more?

On Jan 16, 1:02=A0pm, nob...@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:
> I believe they are discontinued but you might find dealers who still have
> stock. Google using "Insteon 2876S 2876D".
>
> I think the problem was the thin profit margin.
>
> RickH <passp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Is the lower-priced ICON line of wall relay and dimmer switches
> >discontinued? =A0The web site is not showing them when I search for Icon
> >switch model numbers. =A0I have about 40 of them in my home, was there a
> >problem with them? =A0I'm a little worried seeing that they are not on
> >the site, I'm looking for models 2876S and 2876D to order a couple
> >more.
>
> >Does anybody know whats up? =A0I got no response from Smarthome for a
> >week now, unusual for them to be so unresponsive.
>
> http://davehouston.net=A0http://davehouston.orghttp://tech.groups.yahoo.co=
m/group/roZetta/
> roZetta-subscr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, thats a relief and seems like the reason.  Looking/comparing
through the clear cases at the PC boards, the manufactuer seemed to be
identical to the full-blown versions.  So quality was probably the
same but with fewer features and less robust triac/relay.  But the
savings of a smaller relay and triac probably was not proportional to
the $15-$20 cheaper price, cutting their profit.