Re: Digital Tools Help Users Save Energy, Study Finds

made us equal to the brutes, or the Mohammedans who
have offered us earthly pleasures as the chief good even in eternity,
produced the remedy for our lusts? What religion, then, will teach us to
cure pride and lust? What religion will, in fact, teach us our good, our
duties, the weakness which turns us from them, the cause of this weakness,
the remedies which can cure it, and the means of obtaining these remedies?

All other religions have not been able to do so. Let us see what the wisdom
of God will do.

"Expect neither truth," she says, "nor consolation from men. I am she who
formed you, and who alone can teach you what you are. But you are now no
longer in the state in which I formed you. I created man holy, innocent,
perfect. I filled him with light and intelligence. I communicated to him my
glory and my wonders. The eye of man saw then the majesty of God. He was not
then in the darkness which blinds him, nor subject to mortality and the woes
which afflict him. But he has not been able to sustain so great glory
without falling into pride. He wanted to make himself his own centre and
independent of my help. He withdrew himself from my rule; and, on his making
himself equal to me by the desire of finding his happiness in himself, I
abandoned him to himself. And setting in revolt the creatures that were
subject to him, I made them his enemies; so that man is now become li