Re: Expensive cable!

BruceR wrote:
> Were the jungle sounds on a CD or from and analog source?  I would
> suspect that things like power conditioners could make quiet passages
> more quiet but I'd still be very skeptical about high end wires that
> were "cold welded" as opposed to the garden variety properly sized and
> terminated cables.

The sounds were on a CD. We also played some vinyl but the to my ears
the results were not as dramatic.

It has been a few years but I recall the largest differences involved
active component changes like adding a external DA converter to the CD
player. My point is that until you are able to have time to evaluate
high end equipment to your own standards and on your own terms you can't
make blanket statements about audible differences.

A fool and his money are soon parted. Many industries prove that on a
daily basis.