Re: insteon delay

"Jim Thompson" wrote:

>>> If you get serious about Z-wave most likely you will end up with a Leviton
>>> Viza based solution.  You may want to start with their stuff first.
>>
>>For clarity's sake, that's Leviton Vizia.  Leviton does have an extensive
>>line
>>of ZWave lighting controls.  I've sold them to a number of clients using
>>ELK's
>>M1 home automation system and several who use HomeSeer.  From feedback we've
>>received so far there have not been any problems other than occasional
>>shipping delays at first.  That seems to have smoothed out though.
>>
>>I plan to use Leviton Vizia, both Z-Wave and standard, in my home as well.
>>My
>>HA system is the ELK-M1 unit.  We're going to replace our swimming pool /
>>spa
>>controller with a Z-Wave compatible model next.  Intermatic makes a system
>>that looks promising though I haven't experimented with it yet.  That plus a
>>couple of RCS Zwave compatible thermostats for our air handlers should
>>complete the system.
>
> Tell me more.  My "fancy" AquaLink controller just shot craps _again_

Here's a link to the Intermatic catalog in PDF format.  The document covers
several product groups.  Look for what Intermatic calls I-Wave (their version
of Z-Wave).  There are retrofit / add-on models on pp 15(ff) and complete
controllers on 20(ff).

http://www.intermatic.com/Default.asp?action=subcat&sid=300&cid=107&did=4

I don't carry Intermatic just yet but I intend to in the near future.  You can
get dealer info on their website.  I think SmartHome (my competitor) carries
it.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass