Re: insteon delay

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 23:04:23 GMT, "peter" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <XFcKj.519$mL2.176@trndny03>:

>I just bought an insteon starter kit to replace my x10 system. After I
set
>it up, I discover there is a delay between pressing the button on the
>remotelink and the light turning on/off. This is one of the things I hate
>about x10. Very disappointed insteon also has this problem.
>
>Does z-wave have this delay?

Hi Peter,

The response in my system of three different INSTEON RF remotes
controlling a dozen INSTEON devices is nearly instantaneous. I am _very_
pleased. Truly "INSTANT-ON ".  Much better than X-10 in my experience.
INSTEON has issues, but RF remote response lag isn't one of them in my
experience.

*** A#1 ** :  You are using INSTEON in the INSTEON, NOT X-10 mode, right?

Also,

2) And you have you removed all the old X-10 stuff, right?

3) And you don't have RF interference in the 900 mhz

4) And you have performed an initial of the "kit" (which one ?) with the
remote, receiver and light being controlled in the same room ?

You haven't described your system in sufficient detail to know what the
issue(s) might be. Give us a bit more to work with. You may be
experiencing more hops than necessary. And as with all RF remote control,
there are range limitations.

(I have no experience with Z-wave. Typically there will be one or more
folks in comp.home.automation who also haven't, but who will express their
judgment nonetheless ...)

... Marc

Visit my ongoing Home Automation and Electronics Internet Porch Sale at
www.ECOntrol.org/porch_sale.htm

Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org