Re: Pool Heat Automation Suggestions

"Richard Kaplan" wrote:

> Yes, the Hayward heater does have a digital interface with these
> controls as you mentioned.
>
> Can you suggest finding someone to help selecting/specifying
> components to achieve this?  I am very knowledgable about
> engineering/electronics/networking but I have very little
> pool-specific knowledge.  I have lots of confidence in my pool
> contractor but he has not done any HA projects in the past and I
> really doubt there are any other contractors with that experience
> in my area.  What I want to try to avoid is self-selecting
> components and then not having thought of some pool-specific issues
> such as you mentioned here.

Your concern is a legitimate one.  If I get the installation manuals
for the specific units you want I can help with the automation but
I'm not a swimming pool contractor.  I hired a company to redo my
pool last year and (with a fair amount of prodding) they did a good
job.  However, they had no clue about HA systems.  I had to figure
all that out for myself.  Fortunately, the valves and almost all
other components are controlled by switched 24VAC so interfacing it
to the ELK-M1G is simple.

It will be interesting developing the site specific part of my
project, which includes choosing which, if any heater to activate and
when to throw which valves.  That part isn't difficult; just requires
some thought and a few phone calls to tech support.

> Free free to reply to me via email if that is easier.  Does your
> company only do installations or do you sell components as well?

I prefer to share here.  Others may get some useful ideas from you
and vice versa.  Once in a while I even post something useful.  :^)

We don't do installations at all.  I'm an online vendor.  My web
store sells this stuff.  You're welcome to browse and ask any
questions you like.  There are actually hundreds of companies selling
these systems online...

I'll have to answer the rest of your post later.  My wife is calling
me to get ready.  We're having a little party tonight to celebrate my
birthday.  There are about 110 people due in the next hour or so.
I'll try to get back to you tomorrow.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass