Re: XTB-II Enhanced Repeater

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:bMCdnfVKVdpj0XnbnZ2dnUVZ_vamnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx

(much snipped)

> Do you have a set of X-10 floodlights?  They didn't seem to get along too
> well with the Leviton repeater I bought a while back, although I was never
> quite sure whether they were truly the cause of the bulk of the lockups.
> think it would be important to ensure that your repeater handled the
> floodlights without any issues.  If you don't have any, I have a couple of
> new units you can borrow to test.  I decided to go with an el cheapo
> stand-alone motion sensor floodlight unit that was completely X-10
> independent.  Far too many times I'd come home and the X-10 floodlights
> would be on during the middle of the day.  Putting a screw-in photocell
> switched stopped that behavior but caused the bulbs to extend far enough
> from the socket to cause SAF stinkeye.  (-:

Yes, we do have X10 floodlghts.  The exterior lights can be controlled from
Leviton 16400 kepads at several locations in the house.  There has never
been any problem with the XTB-II or XTB-IIR repeaters even if multiple
repeat is enabled.

The only problem we have with the X10 floodlights is that they often come on

> When does the "big heat" end out there?  I heard that there were severe
> power failures when the heat topped out at 120 degrees.   That's halfway
> boiling water.  Ouch!

It is supposed to be topping 100 most of this week, but it is starting to
cool down.

Jeff