Re: XTB-II Enhanced Repeater

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ZhUDi.71725$ax1.68166@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> This thread has recently morphed into a discussion of plug-in transformers
> and Jameco's shipping policies.

That branch of the thread has been marked "Broadcast storm detector" for
quite some time.

> I would like to get back to the topic.  The XTB-IIR prototype has been
> completed, and is running fine here.

Congratulations!

> I'm still waiting for one component that was held up due to a backorder at
> Digikey, but they are shipping a partial.  The development document linked
> at the begnining of this thread has been updated to cover what the new
unit
> can do.  A draft of the mode options document has also been completed:
>
> http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/x10xmtbuf/XTB-IIR_development.htm
>
> http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/x10xmtbuf/XTB-IIR_modeoptions.doc
>
> I've been trying to make this the best X10 repeater available.

Don't take this the wrong way but as an owner of the XTB-II that's not going
to be upgradeable to the XTB-IIR the subject of the world's best repeater is
primarily an academic one for me now.  On the other hand, my interest in
house-wide, real-time X-10 signal strength readings and broadcast storm
detection are quite high on my list, hence my discussion of the details of
that project in the "broadcast storm" thread.

--
Bobby G.