Re: XTB-II Enhanced Repeater

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Xo2dnTbj9PijmnzbnZ2dnUVZ_jednZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> I've been trying to make this the best X10 repeater available.
>
> Don't take this the wrong way but as an owner of the XTB-II that's not
> going
> to be upgradeable to the XTB-IIR the subject of the world's best repeater
> is
> primarily an academic one for me now.  On the other hand, my interest in
> house-wide, real-time X-10 signal strength readings and broadcast storm
> detection are quite high on my list, hence my discussion of the details of
> that project in the "broadcast storm" thread.

While there are certainly some features that cannot be ported over to the
8-pin PIC, things like enhanced error detection, abort transmit on
collision, and command storm shutdown can be.  It may also be possible to
add the smart bright/dim repeat for sequential commands.  The real question
is whether it is worth the effort if only a few people are interested in a
firmware upgrade.

Jeff