Re: Why cling to old X10?

Robert Green wrote:
> "RickH" <passport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> <stuff snipped>
>
> The compatibility feature with X-10 *was* a good marketing ploy, I
> agree, although how well it worked in fact as oppposed to theory is
> probably still open to debate.

After I converted most everything to Insteon I found that the remaining X10
stuff wouldn't work very well.  However, once the XTB-II came out I got full
X10 control back.  My reason for switching to Insteon was that I had some
areas that were X10 "sterile" no matter what I did and decreasing
reliability overall.
 I made the change when Insteon released their X10 to Insteon translator
which was a short lived and now unsupported product. The translator still
works but has lost the ability to be programmed so I can't add or change
anything.  This left me in a quandry as I didn't want to scrap my Stargate
and I couldn't control all the new Insteon stuff with it.
 Rozetta was to be the saving grace but its completion has been delayed due
to Dave's health problems.  Then the XTB-II came out and with that replacing
the Stargate's TW-523, I could control X10 throughout the house. So, I
changed most of the Insteon units to X10 mode and the most troublesome ones
are Insteon. Now I have 99.99% reliability.
 IF/WHEN I get a working translator I think reliability will increase to
100%