Why cling to old X10?

Why do so many here still cling to X10 when there are more dependable
mesh networks available like zwave, insteon, etc.?  Reading through
the past posts there are so many war stories with X10, at what point
are these headaches no longer worth it?  I waited 3 years to install
the switches/load handlers in my basement remodel, simply because I
had had enough with X10 and ACT's A10 and I knew other mesh products
were coming.  I'm glad I waited and wonder why others continue to
patch a leaky boat.