Re: Why cling to old X10?

"RickH" <passport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1189799509.541809.89860@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> ....  On one branch circuit I'm running about 15 or more devices,
> it was my understanding that Leviton X10 recommends a max of
> 4 devices for a branch circuit before signal absorption.

That limit concerns X10 transmitters, not ordinary lamp and appliance
modules, or wall switches.

While all modules absorb some energy, the transmitters absorb the most.  All
Insteon devices are also transmitters, so that is why X10 signals degrade
rapidly as Insteon devices are added to an installation.

FYI, one central circuit here has nine X10 devices, including several
transmitters.  While low, signal levels on that circuit were adequate for
reliable operation when the entire house was driven from a standard TW523
without any booster or repeater.

Jeff