Re: Pool Heat Automation Suggestions

On 2007-09-23 10:05:28 -0400, Richard Kaplan <rkaplan@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Where do I buy a 2-wire remote thermostat which works with the ELK-M1G?
>  What else do I need beyond the ELK-M1G and the remote

OK let me try to think outloud and answer my own question after some
more research.  Maybe I am making this much more complex than need be
to get started.

Am I correct that I can simply buy a Z-Wave thermostat like the
following and use it standalone to get this fundamental interface to
the pool working and then step-by-step I can choose to add an ELK-M1G
with Z-wave interface, then add Ethernet to the ELK, etc, etc.?   So
maybe I want to just break down the project step by step to learn how
it works and increase the complexity of the system?

http://www.smarthome.com/1266t.html