Panasonic Door Phone

I'm planning to buy a Panasonic KXTEA308E telephone system for home
use (I work from home).

I also intend to buy a KX-T30865e door phone. The Panasonic
proprietary part looks too modern (my building is old) so I intend to
take out the PCB and re-house it in a sympathetic oak box. I'm going
to run four wires to the box: two for the phone connection and two for
the bell push, which will operate a standalone door bell in the
conventional way. (I don't need the phone extensions to ring when
someone pushes the button.)

Is the above feasible? I wondered if anyone had tried something
similar and could pass on their comments.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the KX-T30865e? I can't find this
information anywhere.