Re: Cause of some major X10 problems found

"bruceR" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:46e8c9cc$0$19651

<stuff snipped>

> > . . .  and the legend of the comet as a dirty snowball was pretty
> > much put to rest.  That's why I'm more than willing to wait until
> > Jeff actually has our "comet" in his hands and can observe its real-
> > world behavior as opposed to theorizing how it should behave.
>
> To that end I ordered a new charger for the phone and this one will be on
> it's way to Jeff as soon as it comes in.

Thanks!  There's nothing like hands-on analysis.  When high-energy gamma
sources were first detected in space (ironically as a result of looking for
nuclear weapons test ban violations!) the flood of explanations ranged from
exploding galaxies to the exhaust trails of alien spacecraft.  When we
finally got better X-ray 'scopes in orbit and coordinated those observations
with ground-based visual sightings, we discovered that these incredibly
powerful bursts are extra-galactic in origin, not alien spacecraft!  When a
star collapses into a black hole, it's an event with a remarkably
directional nature.  When the emissions are pointing exactly in our
direction, we see incredibly strong bursts of gamma radiation because the
energy of the event is given off in very narrow beams.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/htmltest/jbonnell/www/grbhist.html

Let's hope Jeff (aka Dr. Volt) can make sense out of your PS's mysterious
emissions!

--
Bobby G.