Cause of some major X10 problems found

Things started going haywire at my Houston home last week with lights coming
on randomly and no control to some areas even with an XTB at the main
controller and a Smartlinc plug-in Repeater.  I quckly found the culprit:  A
light weight electeronic cellphone charger from a no-name Chinese factory.
The almost identical looking Plantronics charger showed nothing on the
Monterey tester but the phone charger spat out a continuous string of what
showed up BSC (bad start code) messages. As those familiar with the Monterey
tester know, the unit will show BSC for anything it doesn't really
understand.
 The soultion was to simply plug the charger into an X10 Filter.