Re: Cause of some major X10 problems found

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> Also, the PS's noise could have collided with a legitimate command the
> Stargate was issuing at the time of occurrence and corrupted it.

This does happen, and is not rare.  Here we have four Ocelot macros that
turn on/off all interior or exterior lights.  Those are the ONLY commands
that can cause the Ocelot to issue a long series of X10 commands.

While developing the XTB-II a year ago, there were numerous occasions when
my CFL "noise source" morphed another X10 command into triggering one of
those macros.  At first I didn't understand what was going on, but capturing
the data strings on the logic analyzer showed the imbedded extended commands
used for the Leviton dimmers.  I was triggering remote commands from a
palmpad via a RR501.  The CFL noise apparently morphed the RR501 output into
one of the macros when it was received by the PSC05 feeding the Ocelot.

I haven't seen this recently while working on the XTB-IIR - possibly due to
my now using a XTB-II as the powerline interface for the Ocelot.

Jeff