Re: firewater? [OFF-TOPIC]

> Robert L Bass wrote:
>>> Unless Roy has come up with some new, magical
>>> laws of physics and chemistry, the same thing will
>>> be true of his RF electrolysis process.
>>
>> Kanzius' technique does not involve electrolysis.  Whether it is
>> efficient enough to be useful remains to be seen.
>
> Where can I find papers on this "technique"?

Have you tried Google?  There are a number news of articles on the
subject.

> As for "efficiency", even if this technique were
> 100% efficient at liberating hydrogen, the energy
> liberated by oxidizing that hydrogen would, at
> best, equal the energy used to break out the
> hydrogen in the first place.  (And thermodynamics
> laws say that neither process can possibly be
> 100% efficient.)

Straw man argument?  As far as I know, no one has said anything about
100% efficiency.

> Again, I don't understand where the energy to
> turn turbines is supposed to come from.

Burning hydrogen.

> You can't "burn" water.  You can use energy to
> break it into its components and then release
> some of that energy by allowing those components
> to recombine.

Exactly.  The idea is to use RF energy to release the hydrogen, then
burn it.  The expression, "burn water" was journalism.

> Unless there's an atomic reaction involved, or
> some chemical reaction other than 2H2+O2 =>
> 2H2O, there's no fuel source here.

Yep.

>> researchers have been prudent about claims of
>> the system's usefulness in its present form.
>>
>> FWIW, Kanzius' cancer research is apparently
>> regarded highly enough that there are major studies
>> being conducted at some of the top cancer research
>> facilities in the country, including MD Anderson
>> where pancreatic cancer cells were killed in a
>> laboratory test.  The data is far from conclusive but
>> the results of the MD Anderson studies have been so
>> encouraging that multiple studies are now underway
>> elsewhere.  For people like myself who are fighting
>> cancer, this is promising research.  Though it's not a
>> proven treatment it's definitely not a hoax.  If in the
>> process of developing a new treatment for some types
>> of tumors Kanzius has accidentally found a cure for
>> the nation's energy crisis, [Sorry, I have to say it]
>> more power to him.  :^)
>
> If this technique can be applied to fighting cancer,
> that's great.  But it has nothing to do with being an
> energy _source_.

Are we arguing semantics or have you not read about this? I'm not
trying to be rude but it sounds as though you've not read what's been
published.

> Can you point at any papers describing the physics
> or chemistry of the process you're talking about?

No.  Kanzius has not yet released detailed information about the
energy related aspects of his invention.  It looks as though his
primary goal remains using the technology for cancer treatment.
Since he really is fighting for his life, that's understandable.  The
ability to release hydrogen gas from salt water was apparently
discovered by accident.  If this turns out to be efficient enough to
be commercially viable and he lives to reap the rewards, he's going
to be one very rich man.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass