Re: firewater? [OFF-TOPIC]

"rlsusenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <NoSuchPerson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

> You can't "trick" the bonds into releasing without that energy input,
> any more than you can trick a car into levitating without applying a
> force to it.

You could if "cold fusion" worked!  (-: But alas, it was another flash in
the pan that seemed to violate the laws of common sense as well as
thermodynamics.  One should immediately become suspicious when "cancer cure"
and "limitless energy" show up in the same sentence.  Too bad the current
world's rulers aren't smart enough to offer a prize for a quantum leap in
solar panel efficiency the way they did when mariners needed a clock
accurate enough for navigation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_of_Longitude

With an oilman as president, we know it won't happen in the US for a while,
but maybe someday . . .

The only "free" energy we've got is geo-thermal and solar because it's
already there to begin with and given the choice, I'd go solar simply
because there's less of a likelihood we'll ruin the inside of the earth
mucking about with whatever forces are in balance deep under the surface.

--
Bobby G.