Re: X-10 Broadcast Storm Detector

news:46ddb1b2.1018584062@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >The hunt begins again for 5 or so reasonable priced 12VAC 500MA Class 2
> >power supplies.  They're out there somewhere, I'm sure.
>
> This one works with my ESM1.
>
> Jameco MODEL NO:ACU120050  PRODUCT NO:AC1205F1  P/N: 101258PS

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&sto
reId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=101258&pa=101258PS

> Be forewarned that Jameco now ships from several warehouses and charges
the
> customer separate shipping charges for each origin so a simple order for a
> few dollars worth of parts may incur shipping charges equal to many
> multiples of the cost of the parts. You only learn this after placing your
> order. I no longer do business with them as a result.

Thanks for the link, Dave, and the heads-up about the multiple warehouses.
They are not the only ones who engage in that sort of behavior.  I'd really
like to know in advance where a vendor will ship from.  Newegg has multiple
warehouses and if they ship from Edison NJ, I usually get it overnight while
only paying standard UPS ground rates. If they ship from CA it can be up to
a week.  Worse still, there's no way (that I can see) to tell where it will
come from in advance.  I'm going to test the concept with the various AC
wallwarts I rounded up from the junkbin for starters.

--
Bobby G.