Re: Searching for a easy communication home automation system

> As I noted in my response to your email, I don't think Insteon is
> available yet for 230V/50Hz so you will likely need to concentrate
> on other systems.
>
> Unless things have changed, Zensys wants a lot of money for their
> Z-Wave SDK.

There is a much less expensive option than purchasing the original
SDK.

> I'm not a fan of Z-Wave...

Mr. Houston has never tried Z-Wave.  He bears a personal grudge over
matters entirely unrelated to Z-Wave against two people who sell it.
He has also made several failed attempts at marketing X10 based
products, which partly explains the bias.  In all fairness, since I
sell several lines of Z-Wave products I can't claim to be without
bias either.

> but there may be others here who can help.

There are.

>> Our school can help us to use ZigBee, but it seems that there
>> isn't any ZigBee product for home automation. And it seems to me
>> it's too high level protocol (compared to the Z-Wave & Insteon
>> protocols which seem really easy to implement and low cost chip).
>>
>> So if we have any clue, we are really intered.

I certainly hope you meant to type "interested".  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics