usb data collecting?

Anyone have recommendations for usb connected data collection devices, to be
used within windows?  I'd like to leave an old laptop on the boat this
winter and have it send me information on air temp and whether the bilge
pumps have been operating.  Ideally I'd like something non-intrusive to
monitor the bilge pumps, like an induction loop detecting when power is
actually being used.

I'd want to monitor two sets of 12vdc levels, three bilge pumps, two air
temp values (cabin and engine compartment) and perhaps an IR motion sensor
or two.

Thanks,
-Bill Kearney