Re: usb data collecting?

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney-99@hot-mail-com> wrote in message
news:NOydnYP6CsOpmKLanZ2dnUVZ_qCunZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Anyone have recommendations for usb connected data collection devices, to
be
> used within windows?  I'd like to leave an old laptop on the boat this
> winter and have it send me information on air temp and whether the bilge
> pumps have been operating.  Ideally I'd like something non-intrusive to
> monitor the bilge pumps, like an induction loop detecting when power is
> actually being used.
>
> I'd want to monitor two sets of 12vdc levels, three bilge pumps, two air
> temp values (cabin and engine compartment) and perhaps an IR motion sensor
> or two.
>
> Thanks,
> -Bill Kearney

Try Pico...

http://www.picotech.com/

http://www.picotech.com/enviromon.html

They have a program that will upload data to a web site. Not sure if they
have something they will send it by email or similar.
http://www.picotech.com/e_software.html

I guess ideally you not only want to know if the pumps are running but if
they are actually moving any water. You might ask Pico if they know of
someone using their kit to monitor water level.