Re: RFID Flap Silences Security Researchers

> I'm still blaming Egghead.  They had the
> most to lose if things went wrong from
> outsourcing credit processing...

They didn't have a choice.  No online store
can directly process credit cards.  Credit
card companies, banks and processors
(those intermediaries some rail against)
have a lock on how it's done.

> The subs that Comcrass sends have
> names like "Nonstop Cable" and "Cable
> A Go Go" - no kidding...

It's the same way with DISH Network and
(I think) DirecTV.  They hire sub contractors
to do installations and/or service calls.
With DISH if you're not happy with the
work a sub does you can ask to have a
regular DISH employee come out.  Just
be prepared to wait a lot longer.

> Eventually, the subs will arrive dressed
> in their prison uniforms on work-release.

Be happy. At least yours had uniforms. :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics