Re: RFID Flap Silences Security Researchers

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'd certainly be interested in reading further, Dave, but what I am finding
>still seems to point to Egghead.  Yes, I know Kroll and the FBI investigated
>but the FBI couldn't even find superspy Robert Hanssen in their own midst,
>nor did they find the 9/11 hijackers until it was too late.  Having them
>sign off on Egghead's innocence doesn't do much to convince me, especially
>considering the "weasel wording" Egghead used in its notification.

But they've had far more experience at tapping phone and data networks than
at catching and outing spies (our own excluded).

There was a credit card processing company (in LA, IIRC) that was hacked a
week or two before the Egghead incident.

http://davehouston.net