Re: Need help for Engineering Management project

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:56:23 -0400, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<wpadnZeDzLtZb5fbnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

>http://www.sdmmag.com/SDM/Protected/Files/Images/sdm100_2004_08.jpg
>
>The admittedly out of date lists the top residential security providers and
>their # of users:
>
>ADT            4M
>Brink's         800K
>Monitronics 377K
>Slomin's      187K
>
>ADT is sitting pretty with a combined base larger than their three largest
>competitors. I didn't do the math but it seems like the have more customers
>than ALL their competitors combined!  All of those wannabees would like to
>move up, and a partnering deal with Apple, who has even *more* customers
>would be a hell of good way to do it.

Discounting kids looking to shovel snow, candidates for office or their
volunteers, and evangelists, the last door-to-door salesman that knocked on
our front door was from ADT (or so he said).

He was pretty pushy - questioning whether our security signs actually meant
that we had monitoring. It was as if he thought that he could confuse me long
enough to get his foot in the door.

I told him to smile into the cameras and he seemed taken aback when he saw
the two big vandal-resistant domes -- but it might jist have been that his
neck tie was clipped on *way* too tight ...

...Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org