Re: Need help for Engineering Management project

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message
> > Apple's success with the Ipod will make
> > them look very attractive to someone like
> > Brinks or Slomin who want to increase
> > their market share...
>
> Speaking from years of experience in the
> electronic security field, I hope not.  Those
> are two of the worst companies a homeowner
> could hire to "protect" anything.

http://www.sdmmag.com/SDM/Protected/Files/Images/sdm100_2004_08.jpg

The admittedly out of date lists the top residential security providers and
their # of users:

ADT            4M
Brink's         800K
Monitronics 377K
Slomin's      187K

ADT is sitting pretty with a combined base larger than their three largest
competitors. I didn't do the math but it seems like the have more customers
than ALL their competitors combined!  All of those wannabees would like to
move up, and a partnering deal with Apple, who has even *more* customers
would be a hell of good way to do it.

--
Bobby G.