Re: N:Vision CFL's

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I run at 800 by 600 on a
>21" monitor and have problems seeing even at those settings.  My browser
>settings are for "largest text" and most HTML pages correctly handle that
>increased magnification and allow me to read without resorting to a clumsy
>screen magnifier program.  That  minor difference alone can make the PDF
>experience just fine for one person and agonizing for another.  That's even
>before one considers how much more security exposure is required to view
>anything that's not standard HTML in a web browser.

OK, now I understand. I wasn't aware that you had impaired vision. HTML does
display better with large text, flowing to fill the screen width and only
requiring verical scrolling whereas PDF requires horizontal and vertical
scrolling at high magnification. For anything I really want to study, I
print the page(s) of interest and that usually works much better with PDF as
opposed to HTML.

As for security, I think any added risks are minor and even then most are
traced back to scripting and HTML is extremely vulnerable to that risk also.

I usually right-click on PDF URLs and download them rather than open them in
a browser. It just takes too long to open them in a browser.

Unfortunately, more and more things are only available as PDF so I will
probably continue to cite them.

http://davehouston.net