Re: N:Vision CFL's

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:o0QNh.194060

<stuff snipped>

> I have never heard of any security issue associated with PDF files.

Yowza!  Am I having a Vuja De?  Just because *you* haven't heard of them, as
the saying goes:  (-:  That's the second time this week I've had an
incredulous look on my face when reading CHA.  I thought everyone knew about
ATM "skimming" devices, too!  My mistake.

http://www.google.com/search?q=security+patch+adobe

Or try:

PC Hell: How to Patch Adobe Acrobat Security FlawAdobe has released a patch
for security flaw discovered in their Adobe Acrobat Reader product. The flaw
known as a cross-site scripting vulerability allows ...
www.pchell.com/support/pdffilesecurityflaw.shtml - 29k - Cached - Similar
pages

[Allowing a browser to open a secondary program like Adobe and security
takes a hi and all bets are off.  Have you ever noticed all the file names
that appear in the opening splash screen when you start Adobe, either by web
or directly?  All a hacker has to do is get to one of them! - BG]

Adobe moving to monthly security patch schedule | InfoWorld | News ...Adobe
Systems Inc. is taking a page from Microsoft Corp.'s playbook. Next year,
the San Jose, California, company will begin releasing security patches on a
www.infoworld.com/article/05/12/14/HNadobepatch_1.html - 80k - Cached -
Similar pages

Adobe PDF Patch Plugs Data Leak Threat - Security FixAdobe PDF Patch Plugs
Data Leak Threat ... to download an update that fixes some security problems
with Adobe Reader, so naturally I immediately responded. ...
blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2005/06/adobe_pdf_patch_plugs_data_lea.h
tml - Similar pages

Adobe tackles risky holes in Acrobat, Reader | CNET News.comThe 7.0.9 update
is slightly larger than a patch, an Adobe representative said. The company
was already working on the update when it added the security ...
news.com.com/Adobe+tackles+risky+holes+in+Acrobat,+Reader/2100-1002_3-614913
3.html - 47k - Cached - Similar pages

Techworld.com - Computer & Internet Security News - Adobe to issue ...Adobe
to issue patch for Reader flaws. By Jeremy Kirk, IDG News Service ... Search
news. Subscribe to the Computer &amp; Internet Security newsletter ...
www.techworld.com/security/news/index.cfm?newsid=7712 - 48k - Cached -
Similar pages

I hope those are enough examples.  I am relatively certain there are dozens
more if anyone cares to look further.

--
Bobby G.