Re: Insteon/X10

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:05:30 -0400, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<M7Wdndq9PeIkTZ7bnZ2dnUVZ_ternZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

>I'm hoping my next trip to Home Depot to buy the bulbs Marc suggested will
eliminate some of the issues I've experienced (flashing, line noise, signal
sucking and unintended relighting).  (Marc, if you're reading this, can you
post the UPC codes of the CFL's you mentioned? It's been useful in helping
locate stock they didn't know they had before.)

n:vision 14 watt/ 60watt equivalent:

			   UPC       SKU
Soft White 	~2700K 	6214858144 423-599
Bright White 	~3500K	6214851035 160-678
Day Light 	~5500K 	6214851055 161-167

But the permanent n:vision display at our local Home Depot is about 8 feet
x 12 feet wide . Hard to miss. About a dozen different types of n:vision
brand CFLs. Which is about one-sixth of the CFL assortment available at
 www.1000bulbs.com

Be forewarned that I still haven't found my oscilloscope (a PCMCIA card
that was in my shirt pocket but has now has disappeared, hopefully not into
the laundry ...)  and haven't looked quantitatively at the noise levels.

I use INSTEON, not X-10 with these CFLs and as 'they' say,  "Works for me"
;-)

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org