Re: WAY OFF TOPIC: Religion

>That would seem to be an odd place to put the shining light of >creation.
>Maybe we're not.

There is no effective way to demonstrate the origin of life on Earth as
having its genesis on Earth.
Considering the vast distances involved it would never be possible to visit
any other locations in a single human lifetime using normal chemical
propulsion means. If you used other methods not yet available you could make
the trip to a place that may be another site where life exists in your
lifetime, but the time for everyone else would remain constant. The shining
light then is what you make it to be.