Re: WAY OFF TOPIC: Religion

> My pref is jesus because only he is right, he wins all arguments...

Says who? Jesus is dead, and he ain't comin' back.

>> What makes man choose a religion?

His parents, usually. We, as humans, have a strong tendency to adopt the
religion we are exposed to as children. The mind is like a blank roll of
film. That which the young, growing mind is exposed to first tends to
make the most lasting impression. Then, we are brain washed in church to
make it sink in a little deeper.

>> What if a man chooses not to choose one?

Personally, I feel no religion is better than a false one, and no
religion has been irrefutably proven to be the true religion of our
creator. Christians may find this troubling, but Earth is NOT the center
of the universe.

>> Why is religion the major point of discrepancy when applied to world
>> affairs?

Because people are idiots. Remember, we are not that far from the days
when superstition was the prevailing science. A religion conceived 3000
years ago has no place in modern society. It's time to update our
concept of God.

>> How does your religion affect your life in general?

It doesn't. I don't have a religion. I won't bow to a false god.  A
false god is one created by man to attempt to explain his own origins.
The )Judeo_Christian concept of God is, for example, a false god. When
and if the one true God presents him/herself to me, I will bow.

>> Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?

Not with people who have invested their entire life in their faith. To
abandon their faith would leave them feeling very empty inside. But
there is one thing religious people cannot argue with. Faith is not
reality. Faith is hope (look it up). Hope is what we wish for. Reality
is what we live with. No amount of faith will change the laws of
physics, and the laws of physics, ultimately, supercede all other laws.

Think intelligently, not religiously.

RC