Re: the light bulb police are coming

Robert L Bass wrote:

> There's a difference between personal
> attacks (of which Mr. Houston is also
> guilty) and correcting misrepresentations.
> Marc may not partiuclarly care for Dave
> but he is careful to be accurate in his
> posts.

My point exactly.  It's interesting to see that if the "shoe is on the
other foot", you support the kind of response that attempts to "correct
misrepresentations".  However, when they concern *you*, you're very
quick (as are a number of others here) to view that as a "personal
attack" (and then respond as if it were).

> True.  I feel that Marc's input has been
> civil (though certainly not warm).  Dave's
> comments about me and several others
> have included outright lies.

The same can be said of some of *your* comments.

> His comments
> about products and technology often
> include deliberate misrepresentations.

The same can be said of some of *your* comments.

> Marc has for the most part ignored
> Dave's attacks but he is right to correct
> errors and misleading statements.

So it's "OK" for Marc to do this, but not others...  Interesting.

> I really don't want to get into a flame war
> so I think I'll drop this thread now.

Interesting tactic.  I think it's called "hit and run".  I also think
it's cowardly (and that's *not* a flame).