Re: the light bulb police are coming

In article <QbKdnbSfGpt0P2fYnZ2dnUVZ_revnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Robert L Bass <sales@bassburglaralarms> wrote:
>>> This is profoundly pertinent to comp.home.automation?
>>
>> Is sniping profoundly pertinent to comp.home automation?
>
>Marc does the newsgroup a service by pointing out
>deliberate misrepresentations on the part of this poster.

How about those that post disparaging remarks about you, as you are also a
frequent target?  Are they also doing the newsgroup a service?  My point is
that there will always be diasgreements but they can be handled in a much more
civil manner than allowing postings to degenerate into personal attacks on
individuals.  I see what I feel is a disturbing trend; many people seem quite
willing to say something in a post that they would be reluctant to say face to
face.  It's seems similar to the way that climbing behind the wheel of a car
seems to bring out the worst in some people.  Regardless of whether we sign
our postings with our name or not, newsgroups bring a level of anonymity since
most posters likely have not, and never will, meet each other.  That is hardly
justification to suspend politeness and respect for the views of others,
whether you happen to agree with them or not.

Dave Harper