Re: the light bulb police are coming

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:17:31 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote in
message  <45fb4561.21492078@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:
>
>>As I've said before,

ROTFL And therefore it was. Because Dave said so ;_)

This is profoundly pertinent to comp.home automation?

>> most of our electricity comes from coal and that is
>>certain to increase as it's both cheap and plentiful. To save the planet we
>>need these coal fired plants to improve their conversion efficiency as well
>>as capture and sequester carbon dioxide (and there's proven technology for
>>capturing 90% of the mercury as well). BTW, this has to be done worldwide.
>
>Today's NYT has a timely article on the first large scale test of carbon
>sequestration.
>
>     http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/15/business/15carbon.html?ref=science

One of the joys of watching kids grow up is experiencing their naïveté and
wonderment, and thinking that they are the first to discover things.

In the mid 1970's we mused about using plate tectonics to sequester carbon in
order to reduce CO2 accumulation.

And good scientists, including those from the OP's home state, of the sort
that the OP slanders with glee, have been earnestly working on this area of
earth science for decades. Indeed, they were greatly disappointed last year
IIRC when their strong proposal for a national geologic sequestration
demonstration project didn't make it.

Here's what I wrote about four years ago in sci.engr.lighting:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:27:38 GMT, MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote in