Re: Active home pro stopped working

"Tim Dolan" <tims-pool-leagues@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:xuYGh.12994$bb1.11377@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I decided to go back to the beginning of this thread to see if there were
any clues we missed.

>     It appears that my Active Home Pro has stopped working.
>     The only thing I can think of is I had to turn on and off many circuit
> breakers looking of a light fixture I was repairing.

Can you tell us more about what you were doing when you were repairing this
light fixture.  What was wrong with it?  What kind of bulb is in it?

>     I opened the program and I get a warning saying that the interface
isn't
> connected and I see a tiny icon in the lower left task bar saying hardware
> not connected.
>     I plugged it in and checked the usb plug as suggested and no change.

There used to be a test program called USBVIEW.EXE that could be found at
www.usb.org but I don't see it there anymore.  Perhaps you could find it or
a similar program to test your USB port.

>     I removed the batteries and put them back in and no change.
>    I see the icons for my devices and I hear them click on and off when I
do
> it with the mouse, but lights do not respond.

Are you sure the CM15A is defective or is it possible those lights are
compact fluorescents or are located near a UPS or some other signal sucker?
If some appliance modules are being controlled by the CM15A successfully but
light modules are not, I would suspect some signal problem rather than an
issue with the CM15A.   I am curious.  How can the appliance modules work
via mouseclick in Activehome if the USB bridge is non-functional?  It seems
to me you can either communicate with it or you can't.  What you're
describing is something in the middle.

Do you have an X-10 signal meter like the ESM-1?

--
Bobby G.