Active home pro stopped working

Hi,
   Well, the x10 tech support phone automated system doesn't work. The
customer support phone automated system doesn't work. I couldn't even get a
sales person. Wow.
   This group has been great. Wonder why I even bothered with the company.
Please help.
    It appears that my Active Home Pro has stopped working.
    The only thing I can think of is I had to turn on and off many circuit
breakers looking of a light fixture I was repairing.
    I opened the program and I get a warning saying that the interface isn't
connected and I see a tiny icon in the lower left task bar saying hardware
not connected.
    I plugged it in and checked the usb plug as suggested and no change.
    I removed the batteries and put them back in and no change.
   I see the icons for my devices and I hear them click on and off when I do
it with the mouse, but lights do not respond.
    Any suggestions?
                          Tim fm CT