Re: The Green Glue Phenomenon

> Actually, that wasn't all that inappropriate
> as it does have to do w/HA and the product
> does seem noteworthy. I may give it a try
> on a home I'm building on a few specific
> walls and ceiling areas...

We used to do the same thing using ordinary silicone sealant, which has the advantage that the screws can be removed after it dries,
further decoupling the layers of sheetrock from the floor above.  A higher tech (and costlier) method uses mats or pads of sound
absorbant material instead of silicone.

A friend built his studio as a complete box with its own floor and ceiling.  The whole affair rested atop a sill plate with a bed of
silicone in between.  The walls were of similar design to the room described in the URL below.  He's a drummer, audio engineer and
(coincidentally) an alarm installer.  His design differed from the following in that it included a fully framed floor as well.

http://www.soundproofing.org/images/wall_2d.jpg

Hope that helps.

--

Regards,