Re: Infrared to serial signaler

> I'm not sure I understand what you want but most IR to serial devices will
> not have an output that matches the serial protocol of your (unspecified)
> device. Most output either a non-specific (but unique) code (e.g. IRMan) or
> output CCF codes.

Following are links to a few IR to RS232 devices I found so far.  Drivers are provided but you'll still need to do some coding since
most are intended for specific purposes such as file transfer.

http://www.cooldrives.com/irconcabrsir.html
http://www.8bit-micro.com/trs-80-irda.htm
http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=106297
http://www.industrologic.com/ir2desc.htm