Re: CAT5 568A v. 568B..Hmmm..odd problem?

BruceR wrote:
> You can use A or B and still carry phone traffic.  Line 1 goes on the
> center pair (pins 4&5; Bl/Wh-Wh/Bl) which are the same in both 568A&B.
> If you have a line 2, that would go on pins 3&6 which is normally used
> by the ethernet connection. So, if you want to run ethernet and 1 phone
> line you can do so. If you want a second phone line you'd have to put it
> on pins 7&8 and modify your phone plugs.
>
>  funkykev@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> On Mar 1, 10:44 am, Lewis Gardner
>> <lgard...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote>
> <snip>
>  The exception, I believe, is that if you intend to carry
>> internet or similar AND a Ma Bell phone signal through the same cord,
>> then you need to wire for A at your receptacles?  This, however I have
>> not confirmed.  There you go.  have at it...and thanks!
>>
>> Kevin

Yeah - but you're forgetting USOC pinning where the pairs are
Line 1 bl/w on pins 4,5
Line 2 o/w on pins 3,6
Line 3 g/w on pins 2,7
Line 4 br/w on pins 1,8

Commonly found on flat (silk) cable with parallel conductors in a
sheath. If you want packet loss try this pinning - the data is on split
pairs and is effectively unshielded.