Re: CAT5 568A v. 568B..Hmmm..odd problem?

On Mar 1, 10:44 am, Lewis Gardner
<lgard...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote>
> A on on end and B on the other is a crossover cable. It works because
> many modern routers/switches have an auto-sense feature to let either
> configuration work.

Tah-dah!!  Lewis is right.  Let's boil off all of the other comments
because this is what I was asking in the original post.  I've since
done some research(and reading here) and am much...er...somewaht
wiser.  Now I realize how hazy my original description was :-)  To be
more clear:  The jack in question is in the wall.  On the back of the
jack in the wall I hardwired for the A code/scheme with a CAT5e (no
plug, just twisted pairs).  The plug at the other end of this cord is
wired as a B.  I created a crossover cable accidentally.  And it's all
true:  As long as BOTH ends/plugs of any cable are the same, AandA or
BandB the cable will function fine with either an A or B wired setup
at any given end of it.  True?  (please confirm).  And also apparently
my modem is smart enough to know that I have a crossover cable jammed
into it and not a straight-thru cable.  i will go back and rewire the
jack as a B.  The exception, I believe, is that if you intend to carry
internet or similar AND a Ma Bell phone signal through the same cord,
then you need to wire for A at your receptacles?  This, however I have
not confirmed.  There you go.  have at it...and thanks!

Kevin