!Re: Fluorescent Bulbs Are Known to Zap Domestic Tranquillity; Energy-Savers a Turnoff for Wives

Marc_F_Hult replied

> >Where have you been, amigo?  Spain again?  How was the flight?
>
> How do you know I didn't catch the zeronetcarbon, "Farewell To The Gulf
> Stream Sail" with a bunch of pre-nostalgic enviros in anticipation of the
> abrupt change in that global heat conveyor belt ? ;-)

I just know. ;-)

So how much of your yearly carbon allotment do you think you burned up on
the trip?  You're good at numbers.  That should be a cakewalk for you.

The AP article about the different per capita "carbon load" rates was really
an eyeopener.  Some of the people that thought they were ecological angels
turned out to have some of the worst numbers.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/articles/2007/06/03/ap_impact_blame
_coal_texas_leads_in_carbon_emissions_overall/
( http://tinyurl.com/ys5zm8 )

Some solutions, like kudzu, seemed like miracles until they became plagues:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/05/us/05goats.html

First called ?the miracle vine,? kudzu eventually came to be known as ?the
vine that ate the South.

--
Bobby G.