Re: Fluorescent Bulbs Are Known to Zap Domestic Tranquillity; Energy-Savers a Turnoff for Wives

> Seriously, though, there are new technologies
> that make coal cleaner, but they aren't going to
> forced on the industry for years, if not decades.
> That's too late.

And yet you insist that is preferable to doing
anything on the demand side, such as using
high-efficiency lighting.

> Perhaps "cleaner coal" would be a more accurate
> description.   As long as the true costs are masked
> (the environmental damage from mining and
> transport, as you've noted) the cost equations are
> always going to be easily manipulated.

I guess you must agree that scrubbers, which do
nothing about mining and transportation, will not
solve the problem.

> I still think it's critical to reduce, in any way we
> can, the noxious material that coal produces...

One way to do that is to use less energy.  This
doesn't mean we will use less tomorrow than
we are today.  It means we can use less tomorrow
than we might otherwise use tomorrow.  CFLs are
but one way to implement changes for the better.

> It's sad that the DOE appears to be another
> toothless Federal agency, existing primarily to
> spout the industry party line...

That is what happens when an incpmpetent,
border line retarded person unencumbered by
ethics or even the remotest hint of honesty is
given the reigns of government.  Compounding
Bush's unbelievable stupidity, his insatiable
greed and his total lack of moral character is
his incomprehensible belief that he is "God's
Man of the Hour."  The idiot actually believes
that God has sent him to lead the world --
never mind the fact that the rest of the world
thinks he's a buffoon.

> One can only hope they're doing a better job
> than the Feds have been doing with spinach,
> peanut butter and dog food but I doubt it.

What would give rise to such a hope?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass